AW: SAP MAPI

Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT BZ) heinz.schmidinger at unaxis.com
Mon Oct 21 10:39:28 EDT 2002

Hi Diane,

Mentioned before, we have installed MAPI-Connectioned and are have =
started
to reinstall it.

Advantages of MAPI: User can process their WI's and Mail-attached =
Objects
out of Outlook/Exchange and the folder is synchronized most time.

But: greater Problems we got because users are forwarding SAP-Items out =
of
the MAPI-Folder to other User's. The receiving USer cann't do nothing =
with
this and is frustrated or confused because he gets only an =
authorication
error from SAP (reason is, that the content of the forwarded dok is the =
key
pointing to the Users SAP-Office-Folder.
Another unliked thing is, that users are creating non-SAP-related mails =
out
of the MAPI-Box. This mails become automaticly SAP-Mails and are =
filling the
expensivest Storage we have.
Also bad is that the User don't see the Status of the Connection. So =
she/he
belives nothing was coming in but in reality the Connection is =
disconnected
by max. connection time.
Reaching at about 100 USers we have had to install an own =
Application-Server
for the MAPI-Connections, because otherwise the Users waste to much =
Memory
(double login through RFC).

maybe this helps a littel bit.

regards