SAP MAPI

Jaeger, Carsten (Calgary) Carsten_Jaeger at nexeninc.com
Mon Oct 21 10:40:44 EDT 2002

We are using SAP MAPI in our environment for AP Invoice Approvals and =
CATS Timesheet approvals.  User education has been the primary obstacle. =
 Depending on your settings (default 4 hrs) a prompt will appear in =
Outlook asking user whether or not they want to maintain connection to =
SAP.  If they choose no, then refresh of their work item list won't =
happen until they either do it manually or logout and go back into =
Outlook.  Also experience a few problems with Outlook 2000 users, users =
of RIM Blackberry devices and other occassional glitches, but for the =
most part our environment is quite stable.  Haven't run up against the =
200 user limit that I am aware of.  cj

SAP MAPI
> and its 200 user limitation. Perhaps Jocelyn would care to comment?
>=20
> Just out of interest, who in the WUG is using SAP MAPI in a production
> environment? If you are using SAP MAPI in PRD then how many users is =
your
> site currently running?
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Alon Raskin
> 3i Consulting Group
> e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com
> w: http://www.3i-consulting.com <http://www.3i-consulting.com/> The =
fast
> easy alternative to SAP MAPI  - Desktop Workplace
> <http://www.desktopworkplace.com/>
>=20
> =
---
> --
> This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may =
contain
> privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt =
from
> disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, =
please
> inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy =
any
> printed copy.   Thank you.
>=20
> =