email and faxing

Joanna Couto jcouto at us.ibm.com
Sun Oct 20 08:17:18 EDT 2002

Hi Steve,
Are you using R/3, EBP or CRM?
To send workflows from SAP R/3 to user's internet email address, implement:
1.  SAP Exchange Connector, or Lotus MTA (part of Lotus Connector for R/3)
2. configure a new 'INT' node in SAPConnect,
3. schedule a copy of program RSWUWFML to run every hour
3. schedule the RSCONN01 job to run every hour (also in SAPConnect) after
RSWUWFML, and
4. in SU01 populate internet email field with the users' internet email
address, or
5. in SO36 set up the users' email address as substitutes.
6. Make sure the external emails can cross your firewall (in past
implementations I have tested this and they have, outbound) (by testing:
from SAPOffice outbound, send a test mail to an internet email address, and
make sure you receive it)
after that create a workflow, and test sending that to internet email

for more information, see SAP Note 131795, and other SAP notes for keyword
email or SAP Exchange connector, in the component BC-BMT-WFM
the book, Practical Workflow for SAP has good information on this.  I hope
this helps.

Best Regards,
Joanna Couto
IBM Global Services
IBM Business Consulting Services
SAP Process Integration
IBM voicemail: (781) 895-2384  TL 362
Internet e-mail: Jcouto at us.ibm.com

Steve Johnson <steve_basis at yahoo.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 10/20/2002
03:01:57 AM

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>