Workflow and BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

Susan Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Wed Oct 16 12:03:41 EDT 2002

Greetings Workflow-ers,

I am on a 4.6c environment.  I have written a FM to call
BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE, using Goods Movement Code 01.  This FM works fine.
 I have incorporated this FM into an object method (object ZBUS100106,
an  extension of BUS1001006).  I can test this method and it works fine.
 I have created a standard task to call this method and incorporated it
into a single step workflow.  It seems to work fine, that is, a goods
movement document is returned to the task container, but the document
does not actually exist.  The goods movement has not actually been
completed.

In my FM, I am doing a BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

I have tested and tested, and the bindings are, believe it or not, correct.

I have written a report to run the function module in the background,
and it can create the goods movement document.

I can also call this BAPI to do a different Goods Movement Code (04) and
the workflow and the task all work perfectly.

I am stuck with thinking
a) That GM Code 01 is not supposed to work from within a workflow task
b) That the database commit is not happening, even though I am calling
the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT
c) That there is something wrong with the WF-BATCH id, even though it
can complete other tasks normally, including other calls to this BAPI
or
d) I should hang it up and go bag groceries for a living

Has anyone had any experience, positive or negative, with using this
BAPI from a workflow task, for a Goods Movement code 01 ?

Thanks in advance,
Sue