Bad codepage when entering work items through MAPI service (M S outlook)

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Thu Nov 21 08:39:55 EST 2002

Dear Amit,
# appears sometimes when incompatible codepages are used on the servers and frontends.

What code page are you running on the PC with MAPI service.
Is this compatible with the Application server.

Did the workitem contain information entered under a 3rd codepage ?
Ie did any of the content originate from an incompatible codepage.

If All  codepages are identical. Register your problem with OSS.

Check the PC codepage , the codepage used for the mapi service ("advanced" tab),
and the code page of the Application server language. Check TXN SMLT.

hth

Cheers

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant