SWWDHEX job

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Thu Nov 21 03:03:25 EST 2002

It is the program (RSWWDHEX) that reschedules itself when you choose
permanent monitoring, so if the program crashes there will not be any n=
ext
job. The job is not set up as a repeating job. I am not sure if the
case-specific monitoring would be a better approach. If the deadline jo=
b is
scheduled at the time of creating a work item with a deadline then the
case-specific monitoring would not suffer (as much).

The only other solution I can think of right now is to create a program=

which checks if there is an active or scheduled SWWDHEX job and schedul=
es
one if none is found. This program could then be set up in a repeating =
job.
Assuming sufficient funds are transferred to your Swiss bank account yo=
could then add bells and whistles, such as notification messages if the=
 job
crashes several times in a row etc.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Michael Pokraka                                    =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <workflow at quirky.me.        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    uk>                         cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: SWWDHE=
X job                                                                  =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    20.11.2002 23:39                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi Ram,
There are two ways of running this job - either scheduled as required o=
at regular intervals. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I assume
from your scenario that you are using the first option (I think it's
also the first option in the menu as well - don't have system here righ=
now).
This means the job will run, determine when the next deadline is due,
and reschedule itself accordingly. A problem with this can be if the jo=
crashes, I've seen it happen where it doesn't get to schedule the next
occurrence.
Normally the source of the crash should be picked up - either by a shor=
dump, update failure or whateveressentially . Any background user's
mails should be forwarded to a human for these cases. The monitoring is=

also a function that should involve basis as it affects not only this
job.

The other alternative is to use the regularly scheduled version which
will run e.g. every 5 min. The drawback is perhaps performance if you
only have a few deadlines per day.

HTH
Cheers
Mike

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 21:59, Chintamaneni,Rammohan,GLENDALE,IS wrote:
> Hi All,
> We are facing a problem in production client that job SWWDHEX(Deadlin=
> monitoring job) getting discontinued some times. What we would like t=
know
> is how to run this job continuously without interruption since we hav=
> workflows using the deadline monitoring for different applications. Y=
our
> help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Ram

d".
It
> is the overview in SWU3 that counts.
> --
> Kjetil Kilhavn
>

>                     Werner K=F6=DFl
>
>                     <werner.koessl at hirsc        To:
> SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>
>                     hvogel.de>                  cc:     (bcc: Kjetil
> Kilhavn)
>
>                     Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Workflow=

> Customizing - Monitoring Job For Missed Deadlines
>
>                     Workflow
>
>                     <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
>
>                     A.MIT.EDU>
>

>                     19.11.2002 12:58
>
>                     Please respond to
>
>                     "SAP Workflow Users'
>
>                     Group"
>

> Hi all !
>
> When i call transaction SWU3 and execute the step "Monitoring job for=

> missed
> deadlines is scheduled"
> i get a dialog where i can select 2 activities:
>  - Schedule backgr. job for case-specific deadline monitoring
>  - Optional: Schedule permanent deadline monitoring
> Now i pick both and click on the "choose"-Button.
> They both have a green tick on the left side.
> But there is no button o leave, so i click on the red cancel-button.
> The customzing is now ok (green light), but when i enter this selecti=
on
> again, there are no green ticks anymore???
>
> Regards,
> Werner.

> The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
> intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination =
of
the