EBP 3.0 (E-Procurement) workitems logically deleted

Chris Scanlon Christopher.P.Scanlon at pmusa.com
Thu Nov 14 12:26:21 EST 2002

Hello,

Just thought I'd send this out to the group and see if I get any hits from
people doing EBP Workflow who may be experiencing the same issues we are
experiencing....

We are using the standard EBP 2-step approval workflow WS10000031. The
problem we are having is that the 2nd step (ie. Purchasing approval) is
sometimes not formally executed (task for this TS10008127).  The workflow
log and graphic says that it was logically deleted - although the workflow
never really completes and the PO does not get sent to the backend R/3
system ("Classic" EBP implementation).

Question is: Why do workitems get "logically deleted" ?  Is it due to
certain criteria where that step/task is not executed or is there some
workflow auto-customizing feature that schedules a job that logically
deletes workitems for various criteria or time ?

Also, in what cases does the Workflow manager logically deletes workitems ?

Please advise. Thank you .....!