HR master data maintenance (was: RE: Transport Order for Work flow )

Vincze Árpád Arpad.Vincze at itelligence.hu
Wed Nov 13 06:22:40 EST 2002

Hello,

 Our daily problem is the organization structure synchronization
 (it's transport or ALE synchronization)

 Our situation is more complicated, but I think this is not unique.

We have five SAP server (at the customer .):
                     SAP HR Prod(HRPROD); HR DEV and QA(HRQA);
                     "Normal" SAP PROD(NPROD); QA(NQA); TEST(NDEV))

 Each of them has an organization structure.=20
 At the HR site the organization structure contains the "person "
assignment, while at the "normal" SAP site the org structure contains =
the
SAP user assignment.
(the user set on the HR servers differs from the user set of the normal =
SAP
server)

 More over at the "normal" SAP Prod system is used for defining the
position-based substitution. ( a lot of workflow are running in the =
normal
SAP system ).

 I same on me (...) but we use the decentralized update method.
 It is simple but really dirty .

 I personally fighting for the central solution, but it is not too =
simple!!!

 Let us say our org basement is the HR prod, where all org info is =
stored.=20
=20
 The workflow task assignment and the substitution are decentralized.

 If I define a workflow task the assignment will be done on NDEV
 and will be transported in the normal way,
 and more over  the substitution will be defined on NPROD:

Question:
   What is your proposal, how to synchronized these systems=20
=20
                 =20
My hint is:
              ALE refreshing of each "normal" SAP server from HR PROD?!

Any hint or suggestion ..

 regards:
               Arpad

Vincze =C1rp=E1d