Background method error Access 'C' is not valid for verb type 'A'

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Nov 4 21:14:37 EST 2002

Hi David,
Use the macros to fill the role container.
Do not attempt to fill the role container manually.

Instead of
refresh container1.
container1-element = 'COMPANYCODE'.
container1-tab_index = '000000'.
container1-elemlength = '004'.
container1-type = 'C'.
container1-value = bukrs.

You should be using something like

swc_refresh container1.
swc_set_element container1 'COMPANYCODE' bukrs.

All in the book of course - example code for calling rules and all.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book