material master workflow

Loren Huffman LHuffman at sunsweet.com
Fri Nov 1 12:25:11 EST 2002

Thanks to all for the help

>>> Dan.Harmon at motorola.com 10/31/02 08:39AM >>>
Hi Loren,

Depending on your release you'll want to look at business objects BUS1001 =
and/or BUS1001OO6.  There are some good existing events and methods in =
both.  SAP does deliver a few "out of the box" R/3 workflow templates/tasks=
 for the material master, although I have not found them useful in our =
implementations.  Use transaction PFTC_DIS (R/3 version 4.6c) to search =
for them.

The important thing to consider in workflow development is the business =
process definition.  Be sure to get as much detail documented about the =
business process as you can before you start the development of the =
workflow.  Many times a prototype is helpful for both you and your =
clients.  The material master is complex and will be a challenge.  If you =
need to use effectivity you should also consider the ECM processes/workflow=
s (WS20000754 & WS20000989 again, 4.6c).

Good luck!
Dan Harmon

PS - get the workflow book!
| Dan Harmon                    |             Phone:    480-634-3090 |
| R/3 Workflow Group Leader     |               Fax:    480-634-3761 |
| Information Technology        |             Pager:    888-782-2030 |
| Motorola SPS                  |            dan.harmon at motorola.com |
| How come we choose from just two people to run for president and   |
| 50 for Miss America?                                               |