Object Type Mathod/ BAPI generate IDoc

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Thu May 23 01:19:35 EDT 2002

Hope this helps:
Go to transaction BAPI
Select an object (e.g. Financial Accounting --> Accounts Payable -->
Vendor)
Go to the =ABProject=BB tab
In the lower half you will find information about generating IDocs
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                    =20
                    Ricky Lee                                          =
                                                                    =20
                    <ricky.lee at proteussolutio        To:     SAP-WUG at MI=
TVMA.MIT.EDU                                                        =20
                    ns.com.au>                       cc:               =
                                                                    =20
                    Sent by: SAP Workflow            Subject:     Re: O=
bject Type Mathod/ BAPI generate IDoc                               =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT                          =
                                                                    =20
                    .EDU>                                              =
                                                                    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                    =20
                    23.05.2002 01:19                                   =
                                                                    =20
                    Please respond to "SAP                             =
                                                                    =20
                    Workflow Users' Group"                             =
                                                                    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                    =20
                                                                       =
                                                                    =20

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I think i asked uncleared question.
Forgive me and let me rephase my question.
I try to use IDOC to push the data out (to some third party product) wh=
en
the users make some changes inside SAP.
That way I can synchronous the data between SAP and third party.

and I found something from the SAP Business Connector Section.
Here is a quote from the PDF docco called "SAP Interface Repository Add=
-On
for SAP Business Connector" from SAP

XML Format for IDocs
To create an asynchronous communication, IDocs are exchanged between tw=
(SAP-) systems.
There are two ways to define concrete IDocs to communicate asynchronous=
ly:
*=3D Create IDocs manually.
*=3D As of Release 4.0 an IDoc can be generated from an existing BAPI.

Because they said IDoc can be generated from an existing BAPI. I wonder=

does anyone know any BAPI is doing it. I want to look at some example h=
ow
it can be done.

Any help appreciated!!!

Ricky