Container element WL408 error and EBP

Thomas, Theo theo.thomas at sap.com
Tue Mar 26 10:05:35 EST 2002

We are setting up a best practices system for EBP30
When kicking off the standard one step approval wf ws10000129
in the workitems trans. swi1 we see the following error occurring:
Container element 'ApprovalState' not found in workflow container
Message no. WL408.
When checking the wf builder this element is indead not existing and
compared to other EBP referenmce system this is a difference. We tried
to apply oss note 434660 that suggests to run report
RSWF_CNT-MAINTENANCE but this ends up in a shortdump. Most of the WF's
are working correctly but for example wf ws10000197 has a similar error
Container element 'ExcludedAgents' not found in workflow container
Message no. WL408.
- How can we correct this specific wf issue ?
- How can we check all standard wf's if they are correct ?

We also did have a look at note 411907. I think this might be a correct
procedure to follow, but I am not sure.

Thanks for replying.

Theo Thomas
Consultant Technical Services