WF for Accounting Document line entry

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Mar 19 22:05:35 EST 2002

Hi Govind,
Ulrich's correct - the Open FI interface is your best bet.
Change documents are usually not suitable for BSEG/BKPF.

The option of just sending a mail instead of creating a workflow is
fine - but remember a workflow will give you greater control. You should
also look at the "subscribe" option in generic object services as  a
way of doing this - there's some info on this on the website
http://service.sap.com/webflow

However the root of your problem is that the business application
itself needs to trigger the event.  The business object event definition
is just that - a formal definition of the event name and parameters.
It must exist before the business application can trigger it, but it's
really the business application that does the work.

So it comes back to choosing the correct event creation technique
for your situation.  For FI documents your options are:
1. Open FI interface
2. Configuration based on the standard FI workflow templates such as
parked document processing
3. Raising the event in a user-exit or BADI.

Option 1 is your best bet.  I'm not sure if there are any suitable
events available from option 2 - you need to read the standard workflow
template scenarios to understand what events they trigger and when.
Option 3 is the last resort situation.  All of the options have
documentation
in the SAP Library.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267