Workflow Health Checks

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Mar 20 02:20:39 EST 2002

One simple explanation is that this program tells you when your runtime tables
have grown too large, i.e. you should start archiving or deleting (through
archiving in the largest archive) your workflow runtime tables. There is a
SAP-provided object for workflow archiving. We have (mis)used it to delete all
type-C work items.

I don't know much about it and have not looked that much in the code either. As
usual the response when I try to look at the program documentation is that it is
not available in English. However, if you go to transaction SWUF the top button
is for the watchdog program (Utilization of runtime tables). To the right of
this there is an information button. You can try that on (doesn't work here, but
perhaps it works in your installation). From SWUF you can also clean up your
tables, but that is _deletion_ and not archiving.

Since the limits for displaying yellow and red lights are hardcoded into the
program you do of course have to take these warnings with a pinch of salt and a
bunch of your own common sense.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          bragg.j at pg.co|
|        |          m            |
|        |                       |
|        |          19.03.2002   |
|        |          17:13        |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     Kjetil Kilhavn at Statoil                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                  |
  |       Subject:     Re: Workflow Health Checks                              |

Kjetil,
Can you explain to me a bit what this program is doing?  It is only giving me
the number of records in the tables.  Why is this important/helpful?  How can I
utilize this information or maybe clean-up my system to make it more performant?
Do you know of any SAP guidelines for this?
Thanks,
Jennifer

From: Kjetil Kilhavn <KJETILK at statoil.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 03/05/2002 10:38
AM

  Kjetil Kilhavn <KJETILK at statoil.com>           To:   SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      @MITVMA.MIT.EDU>           Cc:    (bcc: Jennifer
Bragg-J/PGI)
                                         Subject:      Re: Workflow Health
Checks

                Sent by:  SAP Workflow
        <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
                   03/05/2002 10:38 AM
       Please respond to "SAP Workflow
                         Users' Group"
              <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Always watch the dog....

RSWIWADO
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          Deanna Teo          |
|        |          <deannate at au1.ibm.co|
|        |          m>                  |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          05.03.2002 06:53    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Workflow Health Checks                                  |

Hi

Does anyone have a list for Workflow HealthChecks or if anyone of you have
any experience with Health Checks for Workflow, could you please advise me
here?

I am suppose to draft one out but I am not sure if I am missing out
anything important apart from checking setups in the SWU3, checking for
errors/maintenance work....

Thanks heaps.

Regards,
Deanna Teo
Enterprise Resources
IBM Global Services Australia
Cell: +61 421 054 593
http://www.ibm.com

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.