Leave Request from ESS

Silke Eng silkeeng at gmx.net
Thu Mar 7 03:23:09 EST 2002

Hi Neeraja,

we implemented ESS for leave about two year ago, some of the changes we did
then were:

modifications leave request:

- simplefied the process; so that only managers will need access to webinbox
- reduced data in workflow container, created an extra table for leave data
(reduce amount of data)
- employees can only send an leaverequest when the simulation of booking the
leave in IT2001 has been successful (->less wrong workitems that cannot be
processed automatically)
- add a loop that checks whether payroll is locked, then booking will be
postponed (only when your payroll runs in sap)

modifications leave overview:
- cancelation only for leave in the future

other
- web transaction for adding/changing substitute

Regards

silke