Send Internet mail from WF

Govindarajan R, Consultant/PWC pwcgovind at bheltry.co.in
Thu Mar 7 01:34:02 EST 2002

Dear all,

When I send an Internet mail from a Workflow it fails.

The following have been checked.
1. I am able to send an internet mail thru normal sap office mail.
2. In the workflow, for the same settings using send mail wizard, if I
put the recepient as SAP user, it works.
3. In the send mail wizard , if I change the recepient to U Internet
User and type the internet address of a sap user, system displays the
sap user name instead of the internet address. After this the workflow
fails and gives error in this step.

The error is as follows"

Work item 000000029041: Object SPECIAL   SELFITEM  000000029041 method
SENDTASKDESCRIPTION cannot be executed

    Message no. WL 821

Diagnosis

    The call of the object methods for the work item ended with a return

    code for which there is no handling defined in the workflow. This is

    regarded as an error by the work item manager (WIM).

System Response

    The work item was set to error status, the return values from the
object
    method were saved.

Can anyone help me in proceeding further.

govind