Extending Workflow to large user group without SAPOffice inbo x.. ..?

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Mon Jun 24 09:53:15 EDT 2002

Roberto,

WF-XML is available since 46c as part of the webflow functionality. It
integrates workflow(s) between systems over an ITS service and does not have
anything to do with user integration at this moment. Have a look at the 46d
documentation on SAPnet or at help.sap.com for some good technical
information on the functionality. The new webservice functionality in 6.10
will deliver possibilities in the area which will probably help you much
more.

There have been many discussions on the MAPI service provider on this list.
At least my conclusion, and I am sure the conclusion of many others who went
into a productive situation with it, is that it is very useful for demos but
not to go live with with more then a small number of users. In our case the
amount of end user support required and the slow down of the end users' pc's
was too much of a hassle. I would steer cleer from it and use the webinbox
(preferably the WF miniApp). Also I think the MAPI tool service will not be
supported anymore in the distant future (Alan?).

When using the MAPI tool you still need full SAP licenses for your users as
well.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen

Jeroen van der Burg
Galaxy SAP workflow lead

Stichthage building, Koningin Julianaplein 15, 2595 AA, Den Haag, Postbus
336, 2501 CH, Den Haag, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 70 377  7836
Email:
Internet: http://www.shell.com