Extending Workflow to large user group without SAPOffice inbox.. ..?

Neal Feely neal.feely at bpt-consulting.com
Mon Jun 24 09:35:34 EDT 2002

Hello

Standard SAP Workflow does require a SAP userid. One
way around this could be as follows:

1) For tasks that need to be HTML enabled you would
allways assign a dummy userid as the agent, e.g.
WF-DUMMY. For all of these tasks you would also need a
container element that represented the SMTP address of
the real recipient. Provided the real recipient is at
least represented as a person (org object P) there
shouldn't be any problem in getting his/her SMTP
address.

2) For tasks that need to be HTML enabled you will also
need to generate a Web transaction to be implemented
via the ITS (Internet Transaction Server) - note that
the user for this service could be WF-DUMMY.

3) Finally, you will need to copy/modify program
RSWUWFML to instead of sending the message to the
workitem creator, send the message to the container
element mentioned in 1 above. Use of RSWUWFML assumes
you have the IMG (Internet Mail Gateway) installed.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------

On Mon, 24 June 2002, Roberto Mast wrote

> Hi,
>
> I'm actually dealing the same issue, SAP says the
following on FAQ's

> 16. We extensively make use of Business Workflow but
not every employee has
> access to the SAP R/3 system. Can we use the MS
Outlook client to integrate
> non SAP users into business processes managed by
Business Workflow?

> The SAP MAPI Service Provider supports not only
e-mail but also work items.
> You can open work items in your MS Outlook client.
More information on
> Business Workflow / WebFlow here </webflow>.
> Every employee taking part in business processes
managed by Business
> Workflow needs an SAP user (a much cheaper "employee
user" license).

> So, in stead of integrating with an external mail
system we are looking for
> an other option. SAP came with a new  functionality
of SAP WFM which is
> wf-XML, does anybody know how this can help
communicating between html and