Extending Workflow to large user group without SAPOffice inbo x.. ..?

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Mon Jun 24 09:56:21 EDT 2002

You will always need a user id for each user you want to truly interact with
your workflow - speak to your account manager about different types of user
licence.

If you just want to inform a user that something has happened then you can
of course get SAP to send out e-mails to any internet address using
something like SAP Connect - no need for SAP Mapi Service Provider / Outlook
client integration in this instance. Once SAP Connect is set up (ask your
basis people to help) you can then send mails directly from your workflow
using Send Mail steps with Address Type set to U for Internet e-mail
addresses.

If your company has another workflow system which is WF-XML compliant then
you can start a workflow in SAP, use XML to start a workflow in your other
product, and then pass any results back to SAP with WF-XML.

Hope this information helps,

Mark

Senior Consultant,
SAP UK