Extending Workflow to large user group without SAPOffice inbo x.. ..?

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Mon Jun 24 03:34:33 EDT 2002

Inigo,

We are building an HR system for 80.000 end users; and have had the =
same
kind of decisions to take on email addressing.

What we do is to only use the email address of the employee in HR =
(IT0105
subty 0010) and, whenever we need to send out an email, we retrieve it =
and
put it as an container element in the workflow. You do not have to =
maintain
the user's email address, just the employee's; which we have automated
through an IDoc interface with our MS Exchange directory.

It is more efficient to create a virtual attribute for (one of the) =
employee
objects to do this, but in our situation we often need to send out an =
email
to the employee's supervisor or manager instead of the employee =
him/herself.
To do this I have written one method to retrieve the relevant address =
based
on employee number and a parameter which email address is required
(employee, manager, supervisor). The parameter is often retrieved from =
custom table which allows for country and company dependent =
customising.=20

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen van der Burg
Galaxy SAP workflow lead

Stichthage building, Koningin Julianaplein 15, 2595 AA, Den Haag, =
Postbus
336, 2501 CH, Den Haag, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 70 377  7836
Email:=20