EBP - ITS Error Message with ad hoc approver

Nicholas Brand nicholas.n.brand at uk.pwcglobal.com
Mon Jun 24 06:00:13 EDT 2002

Memo from Nicholas N Brand of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Jocelyn,

Hello again. I've been on a course for a couple of days hence the delay in
saying thanks very much for your advice.

I've double-checked the basic data again (against WS10000129) and it's
identical.

Here's a bit more info:
Before the cart is ordered, the approval preview shows the correct agent
(defined via my custom ad hoc business object).
The requester can add further 'ad hoc' approvers before or after the
shopping cart has been ordered. The workflow logs show that the new 'ad
hoc' container element is created correctly at either of these points.
These ad hoc approvers are shown when the approver views the details of the
shopping cart via the workitem. However, if the approver adds an ad hoc
agent (the workflow logs show that the relevant new 'ad hoc' container
element is created at this point.) and then tries to approve the shopping
cart it still gives the same ITS error. The ITS error refers to TS10008069
yet this isn't being used in the workflow - ???

This is behaving strangely! I don't understand yet is why when the approver
logs off and back on after getting the ITS error message then the newly
added ad hoc approver is shown in the details and the shopping cart can be
approved. Nothing seems to have changed from a workflow point of view.

Also, if the approver:
1. Executes the workitem
2. Adds an ad hoc approver
3. Returns to his inbox, before approving the cart
4. Executes the workitem again (the newly added ad hoc approver is still
shown)
5. Approves the cart.
It all works!

Any other tips/experience much appreciated.
Until then...it's back to testing!

Regards,
Nicholas

"Dart, Jocelyn" <jocelyn.dart at sap.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 19/06/2002
08:41:53

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>