AW: Feedback Needed on Implementing Separate WF Organizational Tr ee

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Thu Jun 20 04:43:47 EDT 2002

Hi Linda,

have you looked at using organisational object assignments as an
alternative? Using that, you can assign specific values from the =
documents
you are processing (e.g. the material group from a sales order item) to =
an
organisational element (like a position or org unit).=20

At runtime, the system will resolve the agents by finding the right
organisational element in the HR tree, consequently it means that you =
are
somewhat independent of the reporting structures depicted in the =
HR-based
tree. You are limited to one variable per role if you use the standard, =
but
by using a function module based role in combination with the retrieval
technique described here (just design the code based on the way SAP =
finds
the connections, and allow multiple assignments to the organisational
element), and that would allow you to make it as complex as you like.. =
the
whole thing with relative ease of maintenance -- certainly less than =
keeping
two organisational structures up to date and aligned, which in my =
experience
never works and it prohibitively expensive.. ask your HR responsible =
what it
costs him to maintain just 1 tree!

Technically, you would define a role of type organisational data, enter =
the
object type you want to use (have a look at the long text of message 5W =
200
for details on how to make any object an organisational type), and then =
in
PFOM assign the object instance to the organisational unit.

Hth,
Stephan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----