Activation problem

Nicholas Brand nicholas.n.brand at uk.pwcglobal.com
Wed Jun 5 11:40:52 EDT 2002

Memo from Nicholas N Brand of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Judy,

I had a similar problem to the one you describe - very confusing.

After making any changes to a workflow definition I always use transact=
ion
SWU_OBUF before transporting it to another box and also on the receivin=
system once the transport has been performed.
If you're still getting problems, try specifically generating another
version of the definition and then re-transporting it.
I also found that going to transaction SWUD and executing the 'check
workflow definition - including subworkflows' (or something like that) =
for
your workflow also helped before transporting - I believe it refreshes
buffers that other transactions (SWU_OBUF) cannot reach!
Additionally, you may find that the binding has not transported correct=
ly
(as Michel pointed out) - just run a check on the workflow definition i=
the new client to test for this. If you find there is a problem then th=
above should sort it out.

Bon chance!

Kind regards,
Nicholas

"ASSY, SOSTHENE" <S.ASSY at AFDB.ORG>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 05/06/2002 16:14:=
10

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>