Workflow and Digital Signatures

Winfried Winterstein winfried_winterstein at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 08:56:19 EST 2002

Hi,

for digital signatures you have to make sure that you have access to
the DigSig via SSF (Secure Store and Forward) interface, e.g. based on
a smartcard. There are existing function modules for that. But be
aware, that the SSF only works with WinGui. The function module direct
calls the locally installed security software to obtain the
certificate.
If you are dealing with html-gui you are in a stateless area, therefore
you have to user "Web-SSF".

Within a workflow you have to check if the transaction is calling the
SSF function module (also check SSF customizing in the IMG). If not,
you have to check whether there is a user-exit or BADI to call the SSF.

Regards,
Winfried Winterstein (CSC Ploenzke)