Workitem must be treated by everyone

Lisa Hasenbohler lhasenbo at agrium.com
Tue Jan 8 19:36:32 EST 2002

Hi Cristy,

I have the same request as Raf, and I am attempting to do as your response =
indicates, but being the beginner that I am, I need to ask for a more =
information.

A bit of background;
We are using distribution lists to determine whom the task will be sent =
to, ROLE 30000012 SWX_READ_DLI (function SWC_DLI_READ_FOR_ROLE).
4.6C

What I am having trouble with is creating the background method;
I am not sure what object to use?
and=20
will it work if I call swc_dli_read_for_role function in the method as =
this function references the AC_CONTAINER and I don't have access to this =
container when executing the background method?
or
have I completely misunderstood the solution?

Thanks,
Lisa

>>> cristy_calhoun at yahoo.com 11/26/01 01:46PM >>>
Hello Raf,

I've had to get around this problem a few times.  What
I do is:

1)  Populate a multi-line table with all the agents
that your role would normally find (I reference
structure SWHACTOR for the table.)  It is unfortunate
to have to add a background method that calls the role
to do this but I couldn't find a way around it.  In
the method I call my role and then pass actor_tab back
to the workflow.

2) On your task that sends the workitem you will need
to set up a loop.  To do this go to the 'Other' tab
inside the workflow and find the section titled,
'Dynamic Parallel Processing with a Multiline
Container element.'  You will then enter Actor_tab as
the multi-line element.

What will happen is that each agent will receive their
own workitem and may execute it without affecting the
other agents.

Hope that helps.
Cristy

--- "Bormans, Raf" <Raf.Bormans at thevisionweb.be>