Running a Developed Workflow in Another System

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Sat Feb 23 12:03:13 EST 2002

There shouldn't be any problems transporting the workflow. This is the purpose
of having number ranges per system,
To change one of your statements only slightly: you have to set up a new
[number] range for your BW client _or_ rebuild the whole workflow design from
scratch.

It may however be necessary to make changes. E.g. if you use a custom role which
is/will/can not be transported to the target system. Then you would have to
recreate that role and change the responsibility in the workflow as the new role
would have a different number than the role in your original system.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          Jody Chassereau     |
|        |          <drcakes at hotmail.com|
|        |          >                   |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          22.02.2002 22:29    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Running a Developed Workflow in Another System          |

I have what I hope is a very simple question to answer.  I just haven't had
the need to do this before.  I have a custom workflow running in our
Enterprise Production client that works fine - it was transported up from
the same dev system/client used for all our existing workflows.

Now we have a need to take this same workflow and make it run in a different
system (Business Warehouse).  No workflows have been developed in this
system and there has been no workflow config done yet.  Is it possible to
transport a workflow developed in our ESD dev system & have it imported into
a BWD dev system?  I was concerned about the configuration where a number
range is assigned for the template/task ids.  Does this mean that I would
have to set up a new range for our BW client and rebuild the whole workflow
design from scratch?  Or could the same template/task ids created in one
environment be used in another?

I read the documentation in SWU3 on the maintenance of prefixes, but I am
still unsure of this.  Thank you.

Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com