Running a Developed Workflow in Another System

Jody Chassereau drcakes at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:29:54 EST 2002

I have what I hope is a very simple question to answer.  I just haven't had
the need to do this before.  I have a custom workflow running in our
Enterprise Production client that works fine - it was transported up from
the same dev system/client used for all our existing workflows.

Now we have a need to take this same workflow and make it run in a different
system (Business Warehouse).  No workflows have been developed in this
system and there has been no workflow config done yet.  Is it possible to
transport a workflow developed in our ESD dev system & have it imported into
a BWD dev system?  I was concerned about the configuration where a number
range is assigned for the template/task ids.  Does this mean that I would
have to set up a new range for our BW client and rebuild the whole workflow
design from scratch?  Or could the same template/task ids created in one
environment be used in another?

I read the documentation in SWU3 on the maintenance of prefixes, but I am
still unsure of this.  Thank you.

Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com