Design Question - New WF User

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Tue Feb 5 04:16:13 EST 2002

Mark,

from the point of view of pure design, the workflow should be on item rather
than on header level, as that is the object that you are working with.
However, if this would mean too many workitems in users' inboxes, then
summarise per change/item create on header level -- but be careful to think
through the implications, as a design change later on in such a fundamental
aspect will be rather expensive..

Make the checks for the right material and material sales status in a check
function module (or via a workflow start condition, might be easier to set
up), this keeps the overhead way down.

In order to provide pointers to existing workflow templates and maybe offer
some more ideas, let us know what the workflow is actually supposed to do.

Greetings,
Stephan