EBP WF - Standard task triggered when template was not

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Feb 5 04:28:41 EST 2002

Hi Meagan,
Unless you have added triggering events to the standard tasks it's
difficult to see how the situation you describe could have occurred.
Are you sure no-one has run the workitem deletion programs at all?
Of course these should not be run in production - archiving object
WORKITEM should be used even in an EBP system.

The start conditions aren't relevant unless you have added triggering
events to your tasks, i.e. they are only relelvant if you have an
actual event linkage.  You should not have triggering events on your
standard tasks, only at the workflow level.

If you have delegated BUS2121 to your own object and added attributes
there can be problems with start conditions particularly if your
attribute is coded to return an exception (which will cause the start
condition to fail) or if it returns an incorrect value for a simulated
shopping cart (i.e. during approval preview).  However, again, start
conditions are only relevant to event linkages.

The shopping cart programs effectively evaluate the event linkages
at runtime, checks that one and only one workflow is found
and then starts the workflow found directly.  Putting the event
linkage back in the log is not helpful in a production environment
as of course running the event log all the time can significantly
degrade performance.

There is a program Z_CART_LINKS in OSS note 329564  that will help you find
the relevant
standard tasks attached to your object.  You should then use the work item
display GOTO > WORKFLOW LOG option to go to the matching workflow log.

It might also help to get in some workflow expert help, e.g. from SAP
itself,
to go over your workflow administration procedures and check you have
workflow set up in your production system correctly.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880