SAP R/3 Enterprise Agent determination using Rule - type Function Module

Dale Davis dkdavis at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 18 12:29:10 EST 2002

Hi Folks:

A team of folks I am working with recently transported a 4.5B worklfow
template to a SAP R/3 Enterprise system release 4.7.
A role that they are currently using in their 4.5B system to determine the
notification agents for a background notification task is now a rule in
enterprise and  failing with message  SWF_RUN544  'Result of agent
resolution does not agree with agents of task'for  function module
EVALUATE_AGENT_VIA_RULE. I ran consistency checks on their workflow, read
their runtime rule container, used the debugging tools to read the workflow
trace, and tested the rule independently.
The role container is populated with the expected values at runtime, but
still fails and from the other messages appears to be checking possible
agents of the task even though this is a background notification.   Tested
independently the rule works with the same role container elements.  I also
checked the RFC monitor for possible system problems and SAPNET for notes.

We were told that R/3 enterprise is essentially 4.6C with a few extra
functions but the role that was used to determine the notification agents
in the 4.5 workflow became a rule in the enterprise release and the
workflow bindings differ significantly both from 4.6C and 6.10. In 6.10 a
similar scenario works without problems.

Regards,
Dale Davis Jones
IBM Business Consulting Services
Phone: 845-691-7861
           T/L 8-320-8440
  Internet Address: DKDAVIS at US.IBM.COM

.......You can never discover new oceans unless you have the courage to
lose sight of the shore..........