Terminating event triggered before workitem created

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Wed Dec 18 01:40:19 EST 2002

Hi Robin,

Check the archives for this one.
Ideas to work with :
forcing update with wait.  (ie Commit Work and Wait instead of just commit work.)

Using the event queue, (but remember even with the batch job set to 5 mins,
it is still possible, it is about to run).

One can even using your own table, to record the status of PO and workflows
to know how to react to an event in extreme cases.

A dummy catch event workflow, can then issue an event itself with earliest start 1 min.

Using earliest start on subsequent steps in original wflow is also a ploy.

The other approach, is to look at the design of the PO Workflows again considering ALL
events and when they occur. You know big picture stuff.... Design....

Perhaps the currently running Wflow can be let finish since a new workflow can start...

There is normally a solution there somewhere,

hth
Phil

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant