Objects & Attachments Question

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed Dec 18 03:05:01 EST 2002

I think you are out of luck. You will need to create a subtype (or
change/enhance the SAP standard functionality).
When you click ("process") an attached object the default method is
executed - because no method is specified. It is not possible to specify
which method to execute when an attachment is processed.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Namit Bhargava
                    <namit.bhargava at us.i        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    bm.com>                     cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Objects & Attachments Question
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    17.12.2002 20:50
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hello Friends:

I have a business object whose default method is "DISPLAY" - I am passing
the object to the workitem so that user gets the object as a link under
"Objects & Attachments" which he/she can click to display the business
object.

I want to attach the same object again (this I know I can do via a
background step before the activity step) but with a different method
(DISPLAYBLOCKEDITEMS).

Thus at the end - I want 2 attachments - one showing the business object
with default method DISPLAY and another showing the same obejct with
DISPLAYBLOCKEDITEMS - how do I do this? Where do I define the method for
the second attached object - I do not want to change the default method of
the business object nor do I want to create another sub type object.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Namit Bhargava
Principal Consultant