Event User.Created & User.Cloned

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Wed Dec 18 01:24:41 EST 2002

Some HR Events can be triggered.  If they are turned on.
See Transactions SWEhr1 swehr2 swehr3.
These can be triggered when a user is allocated to a role.
Which you may not be doing.

Otherwise I am unaware of an exit in SU01. (AS of 4.6c)
Did you consider creating users via BAPI calls to user.clone or user.create1.
Big deal...I don't think they trigger event either.
Perhaps they should.

You could run an abap regularly doing what ABAP RSUSR100 does, except instead of
reporting on new users, you could trigger an event.

Otherwise you could apply a mod to
for example function
SUSR_USER_BUFFERS_TO_DB
or in form
LOGONDATA_TO_DB in program SAPLSUU1
to trigger an event.

One could politely ask the question on OSS why the event
USER.CREATED or USER.CHANGED isnt triggered.

I personally don't see a major issue with adding code
to trigger an event. It is however a MOD.

good luck,

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant
Business Technologies