Sending a Workflow to External Email

Rolim de Camargo S. Junior rcjunior at usiminas.com.br
Thu Aug 29 13:28:02 EDT 2002

Hi Nicole

Yes , you can send email to external adress.

I=B4m 4.0B version and I use Sap Exchange Connector to send e-mail =
external by
MS Exchange Server .=20

Bellow tips for 4.0B version and I believe that available in new =
versions.

1) Build a new method to obtain an e-mail address and include them in a =
new
task or change your business object to include this field  if necessary
.Include this task in your workflow definition.

2) In workflow definition you need to include a task with  object =
SELFITEM
and SENDTASKDESCRIPTION method. ( I suggest to use a SEND MAIL in =
WIZARD ,
it=B4s to better and too easy) .Build a new method to obtain an e-mail =
address
and include them in s before to wizard or your new task.

3) In environment you should to create a RFC connection (use SM59
transaction ) with logical destination ( eg. WORKFLOW_LOCAL_CCC , where =
CCC
is a client number) and assign your user "WF-BATCH" to connection.

4) After this you need to schedule a job to send mail through SCOT
transaction with option INT ( internet ).

5) In  mail server you need to install a Sap Exchange Connector  =
that=B4s it
in the SAP GUI Installation CD. After this installation you should to =
start
a new service in your exchange server.This service normally has the =
same
name of the your R/3 instance.

I hope that these information are useful to you.I have a similar =
scenario
implemented  in my environment.

Rolim=20
System Analyst