Sending a Workflow to External Email

Cooper, John M jcooper at kcc.com
Thu Aug 29 13:02:48 EDT 2002

Hi Nicole,

You can send mail to an external e-mail address.  The sendmail activity
allows you to choose an e-mail address as one of the options.  You would
have to ensure that the vendor's e-mail address was stored in a wf container
element before the sendmail step, and is used in the binding to fill the
sendmail address string.

The infrastructure requirement is a connector to the client's e-mail system
(e.g. Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange).   Once  the connector is in place,
then a job is typically scheduled periodically to move the SAP external
emails to the e-mail system through the connector.