Workplace layouts questions

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Thu Aug 22 13:33:21 EDT 2002

Hi Workplace experts,

1.   The first column in the Inbox  Workflow folder of the Business Workplace
inbox in 4.6c is the "Workflow is executable" column. This column occupies prime
screen area and does not seem to have much purpose. Aren't all Workitems
executable, otherwise why would they be in the Workflow folder? Are there other
possible values for this column - I have not seen any other value on our Test
system?

Most of our users get confused by the executable icon in this column and assume
that they have to double click on the tiny icon to execute an item. They don't
realize until told that they can double click anywhere on the line, which is
quicker.

I am thinking of eliminating this column in the default global layout. Is there
anything I should be aware of before I do so?

2.   Is there a way to have different default layouts for different groupings of
the Workflow folder? I could only save one default and it gets applied to all
the groupings in the inbox. I have created different custom layouts for
different workflow scenarios in Purchasing, Invoice Processing etc. When
selecting from within the  Grouped by content type I want to be able to specify
a different default layouts which will be remembered across sessions. I am only
able to set one default and change it if I want to switch to a new group and
then change it back each time.
I know it is possible to use dynamic columns for different tasks to populate
different values from the task container, but the dynamic column headers don't
refresh seamlessly when switching between tasks. Also dynamic column headers
don't show in groupings other than by task.

Thanks for your help.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank