Workplace layouts becoming default

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Wed Aug 21 08:58:44 EDT 2002

I think I have found the answer to my problem. Apparently several users have
SAP_ALL profiles in the Test system and one of them managed to change the
Default Layout for everyone. This should not be an issue in Production. I now
believe the transports worked fine.

Thank you Patrick for your response.

                    Patrick Green
                    <patrick.d.green at us.pwcg        To:     Sap-Wug at Mitvma.Mit.Edu
                    lobal.com>                      cc:
                    Sent by: SAP Workflow           Subject:     Re: Workplace layouts becoming default
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MI
                    T.EDU>

                    08/20/2002 07:36 PM
                    Please respond to SAP
                    Workflow Users' Group

Hello Robin,

I think you are on the right track.  To create a layout that is available
to others, you have to save it as a default setting with a '/' in front of
the layout name.  To  keep that from becoming the default setting for
everyone in the system, you (with your gleaming Office Administrator
authorizations) can either de-select the "default" check from the manage
layouts option, or you can create a different /SAP_STANDARD layout and
specify that as the global default.

Either way, your elite squad of specialized workflow users can then, each
from her/his own inbox, select the layout you created for them.  They will
want to save a copy of that layout (display variant in 4.6B), as user
specific, thoughtfully deleting the '/' from front of the name.  Then, from
the Manage Layouts option, they can set the saved user-specific layout as
their own personal default.  That will override the global setting for the
individual user if you go with option 2 above.

If anyone knows of a better way to specify a default layout for a specific
set of users, I'd be eager to hear.

Regards,
-- Patrick Green,
PwC BPO Solutions

Robin Sahasranam <Rsahasranam at worldbank.org>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 08/20/2002
03:57:48 PM

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>