WF Agents

Nobles, Diane nobles_dh at naptheon.com
Wed Aug 21 09:02:26 EDT 2002

I am creating a workflow where I need to capture a numerical type field that
identifies who my agent will be.  This field is an SAP Z field, showing the
supervisors ID.  This is the same number that is assigned to the
individual's name in HR called the personnel number.  How can I pick this up
and use it as an agent to receive notification of WI.  I tried using the
field as an expression but I get an error that says Expression '&' has an
invalid type or reference.  Error Diagnosis states, my expression entered
has a data type reference that cannot accept organizational objects.  Error
Procedure tells me to Use an expression that can accept organizational
objects.  Not sure what I need to do.  Can anyone help me to determine how
to capture a field from an event container and use it as an agent.  This
same type data shows up in a another field on the same screen of which I
have and am using a standard role to forward workitems.  However my customer
wants to pick the data up from the other field.  Any suggestions??

Diane H. Nobles
Northrop Grumman-Naptheon
SDE PM Team
(757) 380-7250