AW: sm58 'Transaction recorded' status

Thad Gorbal Thaddeus.Gorbal at pb.com
Wed Aug 7 11:44:28 EDT 2002

Jocelyn and Stephan,

Thanks a lot for your advices. It looks like we are back in business.  =
All
what our Basis did was refreshing the system (it is EBP 3.0) and upgrad=
ing
qRFC (to 6.2045, I believe).  Our approval workflows seem to be running=

alright and nothing is left in SM58. ( That does not mean I understand =
what
exactly caused the problem. )

The items that were accumulating in sm58 were related to our EBP approv=
al
workflows (up to seven six steps).  They were appearing under WF-BATCH
(password was not changed) and under dialog user id's.
When we were trying to execute LUW's from sm58 they were re-appearing a=
fter
a while.

Anyway, we are running smoothly now, and your hints are greatly
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Thad

                                                                       =
                                                       =20
                    "Becker Stephan (extern)"                          =
                                                       =20
                    <Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.s       To:     SAP-WUG at MI=
TVMA.MIT.EDU                                           =20
                    iemens.de>                       cc:               =
                                                       =20
                    Sent by: SAP Workflow            Subject:     AW: s=
m58 'Transaction recorded' status                      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.                         =
                                                       =20
                    EDU>                                               =
                                                       =20
                                                                       =
                                                       =20
                                                                       =
                                                       =20
                    08/07/2002 04:22 AM                                =
                                                       =20
                    Please respond to "SAP                             =
                                                       =20
                    Workflow Users' Group"                             =
                                                       =20
                                                                       =
                                                       =20
                                                                       =
                                                       =20

Thad,

Transaction Recorded means that SAP cannot currently process this RFC c=
all.
Usually the reasons are to be found in the Basis/RFC setup -- common ca=
uses
are lack of tasks (dialog, update, etc), RFC parameters that are wrong =
for
the amount of workflows that are going through the system, etc.
Sit with your Basis troops and have a look at the system log and dumps,=
 as
well as at the parameterisation of the system as such. More likely than=

not,
you'll come up with something. Before that, execute the LUW (from the m=
enu
in sm58) and see if they reappear. If they don't, it might have been a
one-off (load on the system or something), then just keep monitoring it=
. If
they do reappear, you have a persistent problem.

Hth,
Stephan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----