Workload analysis (SWI5) limitations

Sander van der Wijngaart Sander.vanderWijngaart at avelon.nl
Wed Aug 7 10:31:26 EDT 2002

Dear workflowers,

I have a question regarding the standard workflow management report =
'Workload analysis' (transaction SWI5).=20

We have developed three different workflows for three different business =
processes. The functinal workflow administrators are only interested in =
the workload of the workflows they are assigned to, so I want to use =
only the task filter.=20

What hase wondered me the past few years, is that the selection criteria =
does not work as expected:

Task filters
- Task: search help (F1) sugests that it is possible to select a WS, but =
after entering a WS the programm prevents this: Enter a single-step task =
(T or TS)
- Task group: search help (F1) sugests that it is possible to select a =
WG, but after entering a TG the programm prevents this: Enter a task =
(Type T)=20
- Application component: it is not possible to assign application =
components anymore, so for my custom made workflows this is not a =
possible selection criteria.

Does anyone has an idea how we can report the list of not-completed work =
items per business process? This seems like an requirement several =
companies must have!

Regards,

Sander van der Wijngaart
Avelon