Parallel table maintenance..

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Tue Aug 6 04:42:53 EDT 2002

..slightly off topic, but I have received a request for custom tables =
used
in a workflow to be maintained in parallel by several users, albeit for
separate parts of the table; i.e. the person responsible for plant 1
maintains records with key plant 1, and another person maintains the =
records
in the same table for plant 2 at the same time.

My guess is that there is a solution out there somewhere, and no need =
reinvent the wheel. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I have =
looked
at the event mechanism with which one can override certain parts of the
generated table maintenance, but the enqueue/dequeue function is
unfortunately not one of them, and will always lock the whole table or
view..

Thanks in advance,
Stephan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----