Workflow Question - FB08 Transaction

Carson, Wayne Wayne.Carson at solvay.com
Fri Aug 2 11:40:58 EDT 2002

We have a large that is used in the AP department for processing invoices.
We scan the invoices using iXOS Enterprise Scan and Index them using an SAP
transaction.  The AP clerk receives a work item via a custom role that we
developed.  The accounting transaction is entered, it may be MIRO or FB60.
Accounting Document is created and it is routed for approval.  If the
Approval is rejected by the "approver", then the AP clerk receives a work
item.  AP clerk clicks the work item and FB08 transaction is stared
(Reversal).  We created a new method that is defined as SYNC and basically
does a CALL TRANS.  We a problem where the workflow continues to the next
step even though the reversal document may not have completed.  We are
thinking that if we change the METHOD to ASYNC and add a Terminating event
to the Task, then the Workflow won't continue until after the database has
been updated with the reversal information.  Later tasks (steps) use the
reversal information.  What confused us is that there doesn't appear to be a
"reversal" event defined in SWO1.  There is a CREATED and CHANGED EVENT.
Will the EVENT CREATED get raised after the Reversal?  I could use SWEL to
tell which events are being raised.

Is this a GENERAL RULE.  If you use METHODS containing CALL TRANSACTION
where there are database updates, you should define your METHOD as ASYNC and
add a terminating event for the TASK?

As mentioned before, the METHOD was SYNC but SAP is still doing it's thing
after our method has executed.

OBJECT TYPE - BKPF.

Thanks,

Wayne R. Carson

This e-mail is confidential.
If you are not the addressee or an authorized recipient of this message,
any distribution, copying, publication or use of this information for any
purpose is prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and then delete this message.

Ce message est confidentiel.
Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire designe de ce message ou une personne
autorisee a l'utiliser, toute distribution, copie, publication ou usage a
quelques fins que ce soit des informations contenues dans ce message sont
interdits.
Merci d'informer immediatement l'expediteur par messagerie electronique et
d'ensuite detruire ce message.