FB08 - Workflow Question

Carson, Wayne Wayne.Carson at solvay.com
Fri Aug 2 14:26:53 EDT 2002

This is a follow up to my previous question on terminating events.

I am looking at transaction SWEL.  When the accounting document is created,
it triggers the RECEIVER TYPE WORKITEM, Object Type BKPF, Event Assigned.

What happens if you need a TERMINATING EVENT for transaction FB08 and it
appears that SAP didn't provide one?  I am looking at Object Type: BKPF.  Do
you look for a USER exit in the application and add code to raise the event
there?  This user exit would have to be part of the FB08 update program,
otherwise, you would have a problem if the update failed (dump for example).
Any ideas on this approach or an alternative.

I have seen coding in some examples where the workflow performed a "COMMIT
work and wait" in the METHOD.  I thought that this approach (to make sure
the database updates were completed) was frowned upon by SAP.  I thought
that we should avoid using COMMIT works within a METHOD.

Another approach would be to put coding into a LOOP where you check the DB
to see if the update has occurred.  Basically, keep looping until you get
the value or you EXIT the process after a certain time period.  I don't
think this logic is the cleanest.

Thank you,

Wayne R. Carson

SAP Technical Applications Lead

This e-mail is confidential.
If you are not the addressee or an authorized recipient of this message,
any distribution, copying, publication or use of this information for any
purpose is prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and then delete this message.

Ce message est confidentiel.
Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire designe de ce message ou une personne
autorisee a l'utiliser, toute distribution, copie, publication ou usage a
quelques fins que ce soit des informations contenues dans ce message sont
interdits.
Merci d'informer immediatement l'expediteur par messagerie electronique et
d'ensuite detruire ce message.