Workflow Job SWWDHEX

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Apr 10 01:15:40 EDT 2002

Hi Casey,
Not sure what you mean by a sleep/wait status on the job - perhaps you
are running it too frequently and it is deadlocking (unlikely)
or you are out of batch processes?  Remember SWWDHEX checks ALL work items
that have deadlines against them when it runs, then assesses whether the
deadline is
exceeded.

In any case a better approach for development is:
* Set the deadline job to run at the expected production frequency
* Set the deadline step with the desired production deadline time
Ok so that means everything matches production and any transports will
definitely send production values not test values.

During testing:
* Use an administration report, e.g. SWI1, to find the work item and use
the work item display in SAPGUI to check that the deadline was
calculated as per production.  Then use the work item display options
to manually adjust the deadline to a closer date/time so that you can
test escalation.
* If your SWWDHEX job is too infrequent for testing, then you can manually
execute report RSWWDHEX e.g. via transaction SA38.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880