Customized Appraisal Workflow doesn´t work from Workplace

Garcia, Carlos carlos.garcia at sap.com
Thu Apr 4 14:48:31 EST 2002

Hi Colleagues,

We developed a customized appraisal workflow which works fine when you
execute the workitems from R/3 Workflow Inbox, but when you attempt to
execute the workitems from the Workplace (ESS) the appraisal =
information is
shown but the SAVE and COMPLETE buttons are missing.=20

The workflow could be triggered from ESS (service: MY_APPRAISALSM) or =
from
R/3,
it waits for the event "COMPLETEDAPPRAISAL" of the business object =
BUS7026.
The logic of the process
is the following:

1) The appraiser fill out the appraisal and press the COMPLETE button.
2) The workflow starts only if there is not a previous workflow related
   with that appraisal.
3) A workitem is sent to the chief of the appraiser in order to write
   comments about the appraisal, this workitem is based on a new method
   EDITASYN which combines the methods APPRAISALTAKEBACK and EDIT, also
   waits for the terminating event "COMPLETEDAPPRAISAL" (That is why we =
need
the
   COMPLETE button, which does not appear when the workitem is executed
   from ESS).
4) A workitem is sent to the appraiser in order to hold a meeting with
   the appraisee to review and comment about the appraisal. This
   workitem is also based in method EDITASYN.
5) Finally a workitem executed the method APPRAISALAPPROVE to change =
the
   appraisal status to AUTHORIZED.

We are on 4.6C and our patch level is the following:
COP  SAPKA46C27
COP  SAPKH46C27
COP  SAPKB46C27
COP  SAPKE46C43

The code of the method EDITASYN is the following:
BEGIN_METHOD EDITASYN CHANGING CONTAINER.
Data: wcontainer like swcont occurs 0.
  swc_call_method self 'AppraisalTakeBack' wcontainer.
  CALL FUNCTION 'RHPA_SHOW_APPRAISAL'
    EXPORTING
      SUPPRESS_FIRST_SCREEN =3D ' '
      INP_OFF_APPRAISOR =3D ' '
      INP_OFF_APPRAISEE =3D ' '
      INP_OFF_APPDATE =3D ' '
      CREATE_WORKLOAD =3D 'X'
      NEW_APP_DATE =3D SY-DATUM
      PLVAR =3D object-key-planversion
      APPRAISAL_ID =3D object-key-appraisalid
      MAINTAIN =3D 'X'
    EXCEPTIONS
      NO_AUTHORITY =3D 01
      NOTHING_FOUND =3D 02
      WORKLOAD_NOT_FOUND =3D 03
      DEFINITION_ERROR =3D 04
      OTHERS =3D 05.
  if SY-SUBRC ne 0.
     exit_return 1000 space space space space.
  ENDif.
END_METHOD.

Any advice or guidance will be very appreciated.

Best regards.

Carlos Garc=EDa=20
Workflow Consultant
SAP M=E9xico