Workflow Mail to have information outside the selection fields

Roland Chan (EPA) Roland.Chan at ericsson.com.au
Thu Sep 13 02:07:38 EDT 2001

Hi,

             We have developed a workflow application for Travel Accounting
Approval and we have special routine built to base on the travel nature to
determine who the approver for this travel.   Everything is working and the
correct approver is receiving the workflow mail to conduct the approval and
if the travel is rejected, the traveler is being advised.

               Yet the business wants an additional mail to go back to the
traveler on the progress of that travel claim AND in the mail content, we
want the actual approver's name.   Since such information is outside all the
selection fields available,  how can I pass back the name of the approver
into the workflow so that I can display the name in the mail content ?
Has anybody come across such request ?  Please advise.

        Regards,
        Roland Chan