Mail and Workflow Integration in CRM

Deanna Teo deannate at au1.ibm.com
Thu Sep 13 00:37:15 EDT 2001

Hi!

I could not access the ASUG Workflow archive resources link on
www.webflow.com for this info and hoping that anyone of you could help me
out here.
The link seems to be down.

I would need to create a workflow that enables Mail integration with CRM.
Basically, the client logons on to the website to create a Sales Order and
once the Sales Order is created, a workflow should be triggered within CRM.
In the workflow, it should send off an email to the manager for approval
which will contain the information of the Sales Order Number,line items
description of sales order and URL link to website.

Any idea what are the Business Objects that I should be using to perform
the above?

Do I use the business object  FORM(method name: process) or
SELFITEM(method name: sendtaskdescription) for this?
How do I embed the information from Web into my email with the URL link?

Also,is there a similar workflow in Sap that I could refer to?

I would appreciate some help here.

Thanks.

Deanna.