SAP WF and Document Management

Muttaqi, Easin easin.muttaqi at atosorigin.com
Wed Sep 12 22:41:15 EDT 2001

Hi,
We got a enquiry from a customer which had implemented SAP as their
corporate ERP system and we helped them to implement a corporate electronic
document management system using FileNET. In addition, we implemented a
archive link between the SAP HR module and the FileNET system

Right now they are considering to set-up a workflow system to automate their
business process. They want to know the following:

1.      Does SAP workflow document attachment function can allow document
version control and access control based on the roles of the users?
2.      Does the document attachment function allow logically group all
related documents into a logical object for ease of access?
3.      From your observations, is it popular for SAP customer to use SAP
workflow? Any other workflow package is used instead of the SAP one?
4.      Any areas you think SAP workflow can improve, particularly on the
document attachment areas?
5.      Does SAP workflow possess strong capability on third parties system
integration?

Thanks for your assistance.

regards.

Easin Muttaqi