WF_PROCESS_DAILY & WF_PROCESS jobs

NAGPAL,RITU (HP-Roseville,ex1) ritu_nagpal at hp.com
Thu Oct 18 13:42:58 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I am looking for information on what these jobs do....I am working on 4.5B.
I checked OSS and found one note ( How does WF_PROCESS work (WF 2.1 runtime
system)). I am attaching that note with this email.

As per the note it seems like for all background steps the workflow engine
writes entries into the TWFQU table and then the WF_PROCESS job picks up
these entries and executes the background steps. The note does not say that
it is valid for 4.5B. Is my understanding of the note correct? Also, is this
info still valid for 4.5B?

On our production instance, I have seen that WF_PROCESS_DAILY job gets
cancelled almost everyday because of I/B PO IDoc errors. If this job
controls the execution of background steps, workflows should not be working
correctly in the system. But, we have many workflows with background tasks
that are working just fine.

Any information on this job would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ritu Nagpal
Hewlett Packard