Using tasks with BOR subtypes methods

Ronald Haut Ronald.Haut at dvg.de
Tue Oct 9 07:31:17 EDT 2001

Hi Pascal,

please make sure you have setup delegation between BUS2078 and ZBUS2078=

(run tc swo1, then delegation>settings>system-wide) . In you workflow
scenarion you don't have to have two container elements with reference =
BUS2078 and ZBUS2078 - they are basically the same.  You just need one
container element pointing to BUS2078. Then, if the workflow system wan=
ts
to run method BUS2078.Display it will notice that BUS2078 has been
delegated to ZBUS2078 and runs your redefinded method.

Ronald Haut

                                                                       =
                                                         =20
                    Pascal Gottraux                                    =
                                                         =20
                    <pascal.gottraux at srgssridee        An:     SAP-WUG@=
MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                           =20
                    suisse.ch>                         Kopie:          =
                                                         =20
                    Gesendet von: SAP Workflow         Thema:  Using ta=
sks with BOR subtypes methods                            =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.E                        =
                                                         =20
                    DU>                                                =
                                                         =20
                                                                       =
                                                         =20
                                                                       =
                                                         =20
                    09.10.01 12:12                                     =
                                                         =20
                    Bitte antworten an "SAP                            =
                                                         =20
                    Workflow Users' Group"                             =
                                                         =20
                                                                       =
                                                         =20
                                                                       =
                                                         =20

Hi all,

We have a project working with the module Quality-Management (QM); we w=
ant
to use the OSS-notifications instead of the standard notifications. We =
must
use the SAP transactions IQS1,2,3 instead of QM01,2,3.
In the BOR the object type for notifications is BUS2078 (QM notificatio=
n).
We need the methods display and edit, but running the IQS transactions =
and
not the QM transactions. We have therefore defined subtype ZBUS2078  in=
 the
BOR, derived from BUS2078.
In the subtype, we have redefined the method 'display' to run IQS3 and =
the
method 'edit' to run IQS2.
We defined then a workflow triggered by the event BUS2078.CREATED.
In our workflow, there is an activity which executes a task which shoul=
run
ZBUS2078.display.
In the workflow container, we have an element QM-Object which is an obj=
ect
of type BUS2078 and an element ZQM-Object which is an object of type
ZBUS2078. QM-Object itself is initialized from the event 'created' (we =
need
the QM-Number).
To run the method ZBUS2078.display, we have tried to initialize ZQM-Obj=
ect
from QM-Object, but it does not work because the object-type is BUS2078=
 and
not ZBUS2078.

Can someone helping us ? How can we use workflow with BOR-subtypes ?

Pascal Gottraux
SRG SSR id=E9e suisse
MSC BWS
+41 31 350 97 32